What I’m Reading Wednesdays…
This is a new series where I will post what I am reading. I don’t promise it to be intellectual or thought provoking. Hey, I am a WAHM now, so I get my adult time where I can. Not to say I haven’t read some oh-so-inspiring novels such as What They Don’t Teach You in Harvard Business School or Your Best Life Now. But I can’t commit to uplifting and thought provoking content each week.
This week I am reading Andy Cohen’s Most Talkative: Stories from the Front Lines of Pop Culture.
It is truly hilarity at it’s finest. I have literally had to bury my head in my pillow at 11:00pm, laughing hysterically, so my sleeping husband next to me wouldn’t hear me.
At every one of my workshops I always love to talk pop-culture and current events. Who is Michael Jackson’s daughter pimp slapping? Can you believe Tom-Kat is getting divorced? I am a news junkie, and trashy celeb news is not prohibited from discussion.
I would say that the ratio of Real Housewives lovers make up about 60% of the students at my workshops. I still love the other 40% and I welcome those with a more refined television palette than I. Don’t worry, you will still laugh and judge at our ridiculous TV gossip. It’s entertainment for us and for you.
So, for 60% of you that read this bloggy blog, well… read Most Talkative. Andy Cohen is hilarious and you will LOL and love him even more. That guy worked his booty off making himself what he is today. I respect anyone who works their booty off.
Read it. Love it. Love him. I wish he was my new gay-BFF.
And it provides real in-site into the creation of The Real Housewives franchise. Pure Genius!
Yes. I watch all of them.
And I have just gotten back into RHWONY with it’s new cast. Ramona is crazytown with that behavior!
I don’t care. I will be in line for tickets to the movie, with a customized T-Shirt, and hoping that it is NC-17. Clearly just to uphold the integrity of the book, not to fulfill my selfish desires to want to marry Christian Grey.
So, do you judge me for loving The Real Housewives? If you do, that’s OK! My husband labels me as a shallow, petty person every time I watch it. And I revel in the judgement.
Oh, and who are you voting for to play Christian Grey?
My vote lies with Matt Bohmer.
But the verdict is still out.