Last week I recapped creating a faux wallpaper backing effect in my living room built-ins. I also mentioned that I was on a tight $30.00 budget for the entire project, which means I had to rely on refunking what I already owned as well as scoring some $1.00 find at my local Thrift Store. Let’s take a deeper peek into my thrifted bookcase styling.
1. Hobby Lobby Horse Head Bookend I already owned made over with spray paint.
2. Books wrapped in wrapping paper to give a little extra pop of color.
3. Already owned this Bible verse art but attached it with Command Strips.
4. $1.00 Gold Tray from Goodwill
5. Estate Sale Ironstone
6. .99 Goodwill Glass owl spray painted white.
7. Anthropologie Vase given to me as a gift from my bestie.
8. Brass deer figurines from the $1.00 bin at a flea market, painted in Santa Fe Turquoise.
9. Framed monogram “G” Kids Art, courtesy of my 2.5 year old. Frame from Goodwill.
10. This Owl was a resin garden statue I already owned. A quick coat of spray paint makes it look like glass.
11. Young House Love’s Book. Gotta throw in a shout out for the inspiration for my project!
12. Target clearance silver vase, already owned.
13. $4.00 Horse bookends from the flea market.
14. Initial G from Hobby Lobby painted in Emerald Isle.
15. Plastic kids toys from the flea market spray painted white.
16. $1.00 Rusty Urn from Goodwill
17. More Goodwill framed artwork for a personal touch.
18. Vintage fan from a Flea Market.
Can you believe I got a whole new look for under $30? Thanks to refunking a bunch of stuff I already owned, some spray paint I had on hand, and a bunch of $1.00 Goodwill and Flea Market items.
Let’s take a gander at the Before & After again…
PS: I already owned the mirror on the mantle too. You can find out how I painted it here.